We are an independent energy company engaged in the acquisition, production, exploration and development of oil and gas for more than 45 years,Our success is the result of our qualified employees who are challenged to be innovative and creative and provided the tools to do so. If you want to work in an exciting, fast-paced environment that encourages teamwork,
Oversee all aspects of the drilling operations .
1. Bachelors degree in Engineering or related discipline.
2. Minimum 10 years experience in drilling operations, with preference for leadership/supervisory role.
3. Demonstrated experience drilling successful horizontal wells required.
4. Experience in the Appalachian region is preferred.
1. Well Control Certification required.
2. Thorough knowledge of the capabilities of the drilling rig.
3. Understanding of rock mechanics.
4. Understanding of petroleum engineering and physics.
5. Thorough understanding of trigonometry required.
6. Knowledge of drilling and completion terminology and slang.
7. Knowledge of and experience in completions a plus.
8. Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Designs drilling program, including casing, drill string, mud, cement, bit, directional components, pad layouts, pad construction and writes detailed drilling prognosis for horizontal wells.
• Manages personnel for drilling rigs and completion rigs, including selection of contract personnel.
• Promotes and ensures implementation of good HSE practices.
• Develops and evaluates new methods to improve asset operations, including new technologies, bid evaluations, cost-cutting measures and infrastructure projects. This includes continuous post appraisal of costs and performance.
• Coordinates the drilling and completion schedule between all applicable departments. Monitors on a daily basis.
• Ensures accurate and timely reporting of all drilling activities.
• Prepares and presents AFEs, budgets and forecasts. Approves spending.
• Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills to handle multiple tasks with changing and conflicting responsibilities and accountabilities. Must be a self-motivated and an enthusiastic team player capable of completing tasks in a group environment