Go back to the Job List
Sales RepsPosted by: Vodafone
Posted date: 2019-Sep-16
General Summary: Achieves maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration within an assigned territory and/or market segment by effectively selling the company’s products and/or related services,Personally contacts and secures new business accounts/customers.
• Promotes/sells/secures orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based
• Demonstrates products and services to existing/potential customers and assists them in selecting those best
suited to their needs.
DETAILS OF FUNCTION:
• Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current customers and prospective
customers in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business for the organization’s
• Makes telephone calls and in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers.
• Researches sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential.
• Develops clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers.
• Expedites the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
• Coordinates sales effort with marketing, sales management, accounting, logistics and technical service
• Analyzes the territory/market’s potential and determines the value of existing and prospective customers
value to the organization.
• Creates and manages a customer value plan for existing customers highlighting profile, share and value
• Identifies advantages and compares organization’s products/services.
• Plans and organizes personal sales strategy by maximizing the Return on Time Investment for the
• Supplies management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive
activities, and potential for new products and services.
• Keeps abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities,
advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing
and technical service areas.
• Participates in trade shows and conventions.
• Reports directly to the Sales Manager